14th European Dependable Computing Conference
10-14 September 2018
Call for Workshops
EDCC 2018 is the 14th European Dependable Computing Conference. It will be held in Iaşi, Romania on September 10-14, 2018. EDCC provides an international and European-hosted venue for researchers and practitioners from all over the world to present and discuss their latest research results on dependability, security, fault-tolerance, testing, and other related topics. Traditionally, the main conference is preceded with two days of workshops. The purpose of workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in an interactive atmosphere.
Workshops may be half-day, one or two-day events. They are held before the main conference (September 10 and 11). A separate call for tutorials will be issued later.
Workshop chairs are responsible for setting up an international technical program committee, independent of the one of the main conference. They may select a TPC chair(s) or chair the TPC themselves. Responsibilities of the workshop and TPC chairs include preparing and spreading a call for papers, attract high-quality submissions, set up the reviewing and selection process and assemble the workshop program. Workshops are expected to use their own website, which will be linked from the EDCC website. If a workshop wishes to have proceedings, workshop chairs will be responsible for the publication process with initial assistance from the EDCC organization committee. Note that it is by no means mandatory to have proceedings with a workshop, and organizers are free to favor other forms of communications, as long as the selection of presenters follows a competitive peer review process and that abstracts are available online prior to the event.
Proposals must not exceed three pages in PDF and must be sent to EDCC workshop chair Etienne Rivière (firstname.lastname@example.org). Proposals should have the following structure:
- Title of the workshop;
- A 150- to 200-word abstract, suitable for the conference website;
- Themes and goals, and relevance to the EDCC community;
- Information about the procedure for selecting papers and/or presentations, plans for dissemination and publication, and expected number of participants;
- Preference for ahalf/one/two-day format;
- Information about previous editions of the same workshop, if any;
- Organizers and a list of foreseen Program Committee members and their affiliations;
- Names and briefbios of organizers, including their past experience in organizing workshops and/or conferences in the field.
- Workshop proposal submission:
December 22, 2017January 19, 2018 (extended)
- Workshop acceptance notification by
January 5, 2018January 31, 2018 (extended), or earlier.
Other dates (paper submission deadline, notification, camera ready) will be discussed and decided as a consensus between workshop organizers and the EDCC organization committee, prior to any diffusion of a call for paper or communications. Selected workshops are expected to set up a website and issue these calls before the end of January 2018.
- Relevance to EDCC
- Timeliness and expected interest in the topic
- Organizers’ ability to lead a successful workshop
- Balance and synergy with other EDCC events
For any questions regarding workshops, please email the workshop chair:
Etienne Rivière, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium email@example.com